Contest Peace Theme, Rules and Conditions
Lions Clubs worldwide sponsor schools and youth groups e.g. YMCA, Scouts, Guides and other organised youth groups for the Contest.
Entries close: 5.00 pm, Friday 22nd October 2021
- Youth who are 11, 12 or 13 years of age by 15th November of year of Contest.
- Each year the Contest features a specific Peace Theme. The Peace Theme for 2021-22 Lions International Peace Poster Contest is "We are all connected"
- One entry per student and each entry work of only one student
- Art work must be individual student\’s original creation – no duplicates are accepted
- Art paper: to be flexible material so that it can be rolled up for mailing tube.
- Do not fold poster
- Art work size: N0 smaller than 330mm x 500mm (13inch x 20 inch), No larger than 500mm x 600mm (20 inch x 24 inch). (Note: As a guide, a sheet of A2 paper would qualify for these dimensions).
- Do not mat, frame or laminate art work
- All media accepted – note: chalk, charcoal and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing.
- Three-dimensional entries are not accepted
- Nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the art work in any way.
- The use lettering in any language or numbering on the front of the poster, in any language, is not allowed.
- All artists initials or signatures can be written on the back of the poster (upper right or left side of art work)
- Participants accept all responsibility for late, loss, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries sent with insufficient postage will be disqualified. Lions Clubs International is not responsible for entries damaged destroyed or lost during the judging process. International Entries – cannot be acknowledged or returned, they become the property of Lions Clubs International upon receipt. Peace Poster images cannot be used without written permission from Lions Clubs International.
- In consideration for the opportunity to enter the Peace Poster Contest, participants agree to allow Lions Clubs International to use their names and photographs for promotional and publicity purposes. In addition, the International Grand Prize Winner, two family members (one being a parent or legal guardian) and the sponsoring club president or a club member (as designated by the sponsoring club president) are required to attend an Award Ceremony on Lions Day at the United Nations (subject to change). An International Grand Prize winner is not eligible to receive subsequent prizes in future Peace Poster Contests sponsored by Lions Club International. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Lions International.
- Lions Clubs International may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
More information: email@example.com